There are a wide variety of wrought aluminum alloys, each capable of being processed in different ways in order to obtain specific properties. For many applications where aluminum is used, two primary properties of interest are strength and weight, and getting the strength needed requires understanding the metallurgical factors that affect aluminum strength.
During this webinar you will learn about the metallurgy of wrought aluminum alloys. This includes the metallurgical factors that influence wrought aluminum strength and how alloy composition, cold working, and heat treating are used to obtain specific strength.
- Date: Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Time: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
The knowledge you’ll gain will enable you to make better alloy selection decisions, have more meaningful discussions with suppliers, and solve quality problems faster.
What you will learn during this webinar
- Wrought aluminum alloy families and their alloy designations
- Composition and strength differences between the alloy families.
- Methods for strengthening aluminum alloys.
- Metallurgical changes that occur during cold-working, annealing, and precipitation strengthening heat treating, and the effects on aluminum strength.
- Effects of alloy composition on alloy strength.
- Temper designations for cold-worked and heat treated alloys.
Webinar attendees will receive a webinar slides file prior to the webinar and will have 7 days access to the webinar recording.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.
Registering for the webinar
Individual: The fee is $109 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($327 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar. Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – email@example.com or 847.528.3467.