There are a wide variety of wrought stainless steel alloys, each designed to have specific properties. Understanding the differences between the alloys is critical for selecting the optimum alloy for a component.
In this webinar you’ll learn about the metallurgical differences between commonly used stainless steels and factors that influence stainless steel strength and corrosion resistance. People like this webinar because it provides a simple framework for understanding the differences between alloys, making alloy selection easier.
- Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Time: 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
What you will learn during this webinar
- The different types of stainless steel alloys
- Stainless steel alloy designation systems
- Effects of alloy composition and type of stainless steel on corrosion resistance.
- Effects of alloy composition, type of stainless steel, cold working, and heat treating on strength and toughness
- Strength and corrosion resistance differences between common stainless steel alloys.
- Effects of alloy composition and type of stainless steel on machinability and formability.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.
Registering for the webinar
Individual: The fee is $89 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($267 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar. Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.528.3467.