Many problems that arise during product development, manufacturing, and product use involve metal stock, components, and joints. When a metal is involved, a metallurgical examination is needed to obtain information that will help determine the root cause of the problem.
Learn how common metallurgical analysis techniques are used to obtain the information needed to determine the root cause of problems. You will learn about how metallurgical evaluations fit into the root cause analysis process, the analysis equipment used, the data obtained, and how to use the information obtained from a metallurgical evaluation to determine the root cause of a problem.
- Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Time: 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
What you will learn during this webinar
- Product and manufacturing problems that require metallurgical evaluations and considerations.
- How metallurgical evaluations fit into the root cause analysis process.
- Background information required to determine the root cause of product or manufacturing problem
- How to select, collect, handle, and prepare samples for metallurgical evaluation
- How common metallurgical analysis tools are used to get information needed to determine the root cause of a problem.
Real-life problems will be used as examples and case studies.
Webinar attendees will receive a webinar slides document prior to the webinar and will have 7 days access to the webinar recording.
This webinar is targeted to design, manufacturing, and quality engineers.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.
Individual: The fee is $119 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($357 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar. Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.528.3467.