A solid understanding of metallurgy is critical for designing better, lower-cost components and quickly solving reliability and quality problems.
During this webinar you will learn about metallurgical factors that influence metal properties and metallurgical reasons of how alloying, heat treatment, and cold working affect metal strength. The concepts covered are applicable to all metals. Examples for steel and aluminum will be presented.
The knowledge you’ll gain will help you:
- Make better design decisions
- Be more comfortable working on component reliability and quality problems
- Have more productive conversations with suppliers, customers, and engineers
This course was designed for people who want an introduction to metallurgy or want to refresh what they learned years ago in a college course.
- Webinar date: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- Time: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
A pdf document of the webinar slides will be emailed to webinar registrants before the webinar. You will also have 14-days access to a recording of the webinar.
Topics that will be covered
- The relationship between a metal’s properties and its composition, microscopic structure, and the manufacturing processes used to fabricate the metal
- Microscopic structures present in metals
- How the microscopic structures and metal composition influence metal strength
- Metallurgical changes that result from alloying, cold working, and heat treating, and the effects of these changes on metal strength.
The information will provide insights into:
- How metals can be engineered to get the properties needed for metal components.
- The questions and considerations when trying to fix quality problems and assessing suppliers.
Design engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, sourcing, sales. This webinar is intended for people who want an introduction to metallurgy or want to refresh what they learned years ago in a college course.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.
Registering for the webinar
Individual: $119 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($357 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.528.3467.