Designing and manufacturing products is complicated. So, why would anyone not take advantage of every tool available to make things easier?
Designing components that perform as needed, have good reliability, and are low-cost requires selecting the right metals. This class covers the considerations for alloy selection and component design.
What you will learn
The topics that will be covered include:
- The two primary factors that influence component performance, reliability, and cost.
- Component design considerations for alloy selection
- Identifying component design requirements
- Identifying alloy selection criteria based on component design requirements
- Selecting an alloy based on alloy selection criteria and design for fabrication and joining.
Examples that involve attendee participation will be used to help apply the concepts taught.
- Date: Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Time: 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
A pdf document of the webinar slides will be emailed to webinar registrants before the webinar. You will also have 14-days access to a recording of the webinar.
Knowledge of the concepts taught in our Principles of Metallurgy webinar course is helpful for the discussions in this course.
Engineers, managers, and VPs looking for new ways to design better, lower-cost products that have fewer problems.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 1.0 Professional Development Hour (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.
Individual: The fee is $109 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($327 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar. Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.528.3467.