This webinar covers the metallurgy of gray and ductile cast iron, the most common types of cast iron. You’ll learn about their microstructures, the effects of composition and microstructure on strength, hardness, and ductility and hardness, and the effects of the casting process on microstrostructure. Understanding these concepts is critical for engineers involved with component design and manufacturing and engineers involved with supplier evaluation and solving quality problems.
- Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020
- 10:00 am to 11:30 am central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
Topics that will be covered during the webinar
- Gray and ductile cast iron microstructures and their effects on strength and hardness
- Casting process steps and their effects on gray and ductile cast iron microstructure and properties
- Effects of alloy composition on gray and ductile cast iron microstructure and properties
A pdf document of the webinar slides will be emailed to webinar registrants 1-2 days before the webinar. You will also have 7-day access to a recording of the webinar.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.
Registering for the webinar
Individual: The fee is $89 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($267 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar. Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – email@example.com or 847.528.3467.