Are you responsible for selecting steel to use in engineered components? Do you struggle to understand the pros and cons of different alloys?
In this webinar you will learn the considerations for identifying steel alloys and mill conditions suitable for an application. Case studies will be used to demonstrate the selection process and give attendees opportunities to apply their carbon steel metallurgy knowledge.
A basic understanding of steel metallurgy is needed to get the most from this webinar. This includes an understanding of metallurgical factors that influence steel strength and hardness. We recommend attending our steel metallurgy webinar to learn these concepts.
- Webinar date: Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Time: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. central time
- Instructor: Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E.
- Design requirements considerations for component alloy selection.
- General effects of steel composition and metallurgical factors on steel strength, ductility, toughness, machinability, cold-formability, welding, and wear and fatigue resistance
- Common effects of steel mill cold working and heat treating processes on steel microstructure and properties.
- Common conditions of steel from a steel mill and their purposes
A pdf document of the webinar slides will be emailed to webinar registrants 1-2 days before the webinar. You will also have 7-day access to a recording of the webinar.
Knowledge of the concepts taught in the Carbon Steel Metallurgy for Designers webinar or the Carbon Steel Metallurgy and Carbon Steel Through Hardening online courses will be helpful for this webinar.
Engineers involved with product design
Individual: The fee is $99 per person. After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar.
Group: Register 2 or 3 people by click the “Add to Cart” button multiple times or by editing the quantity in the shopping cart. For groups of 4-6 people, pay for only 3 people ($297 total). After registering you will receive an email with a link to the information about how to access the webinar. Contact us for pricing more than 6 people – email@example.com or 847.528.3467.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be emailed to webinar attendees who log-in to the webinar, attend the entire session, and complete the webinar survey.