There are a wide variety of wrought stainless steel alloys, each designed to have specific properties. For many applications that use stainless steel, the primary properties of interest are corrosion resistance and strength.
Watch this video of a past webinar to learn about wrought stainless steel metallurgy, including the effects of stainless steel composition, type of stainless steel, cold working, and heat treating on the strength and corrosion resistance of commonly used stainless steel alloys. There will also be a brief discussion of the effects of alloy composition and type of stainless steel on ease of forming and machining components.
You will have 14 days access to the webinar recording. A pdf file of the presentation slides is available for download.
What you will learn during this webinar
- The different types of stainless steel alloys
- Stainless steel alloy designation systems
- Effects of alloy composition and type of stainless steel on corrosion resistance.
- Effects of alloy composition, type of stainless steel, cold working, and heat treating on strength and toughness
- Strength and corrosion resistance differences between common stainless steel alloys.
- Effects of alloy composition and type of stainless steel on machinability and formability.
The knowledge you’ll gain will enable you to make better alloy selection decisions, have more meaningful discussions with suppliers, and solve quality problems faster.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) can be earned after watching the webinar recording and successfully completing a short quiz.
Individual: The fee is $89 per person. After registering you will receive an email with information about how to access the recorded webinar.
Group: Contact us for pricing for group pricing – firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.528.3467.