Many problems that arise during product development, manufacturing, and product use involve metal stock, components, and joints. When a metal is involved, a metallurgical examination is needed to obtain information that will help determine the root cause of the problem.
Watch this video of a past webinar to learn how common metallurgical analysis techniques are used to obtain the information needed to determine the root cause of problems. You will learn about how metallurgical evaluations fit into the root cause analysis process, the analysis equipment used, the data obtained, and how to use the information obtained from a metallurgical evaluation to determine the root cause of a problem.
You will have 14 days access to the webinar recording. A pdf file of the presentation slides is available for download.
What you will learn
- Product and manufacturing problems that require metallurgical evaluations and considerations.
- How metallurgical evaluations fit into the root cause analysis process.
- Background information required to determine the root cause of product or manufacturing problem
- How to select, collect, handle, and prepare samples for metallurgical evaluation
- How common metallurgical analysis tools are used to get information needed to determine the root cause of a problem.
Real-life problems will be used as examples and case studies.
This webinar is targeted to design, manufacturing, and quality engineers.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) can be earned after watching the webinar recording and successfully completing a short quiz.
Individual: The fee is $89 per person. After registering you will receive an email with information about how to access the recorded webinar.
Group: Contact us for pricing for group pricing – firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.528.3467.