Here are free lessons and articles on a variety of metallurgy subjects. Click the titles for access.
- Preventing Failure Analysis Frustration
- Orange Peel Failure Analysis
- Cracked Rivet Failure Analysis
- Orange Peel
- Materials Selection for Great Products: Overview
- Materials Selection: Design Requirements
- Why Temper Through Hardened Steel
- Hydrogen Embrittlement of Steel
- Free-Machining vs. Welding: A Manufacturing Dilemma
- Annealing to Increase Metal Ductility
- Recrystallization Anneal
- Residual Stress
- The difference between strength and toughness
- Specifying Metal Hardness – Is it Enough?
- Phase Diagram
- Introduction to Stainless Steel
- Why is Stainless Steel Corrosion Resistant?
- Aluminum Alloy Families: Strength Metallurgy
- Mechanisms for Strengthening Aluminum
- Metal Corrosion
- Stress Corrosion Cracking