For over 20 years I’ve been providing metallurgical engineering and materials engineering expertise for forensic engineering failure analysis investigations. I help clients understand how failures occurred, determine their root cause, and determine how to prevent them from reoccurring.
Failure analysis + design and manufacturing expertise
I understand the pressure to get the information needed to make decisions about failures and manufacturing quality problems. Furthermore, my broad experience with product design, manufacturing, and root cause analysis enables me to bring multiple perspectives to help you quickly solve problems. You can count on me to…
- Determine the metallurgical analyses required to get the information you need.
- Work with you to identify the root cause of the failure.
- Communicate findings so you’ll understand what went wrong and how to fix it.
- Help you determine corrective actions.
Failure analysis and root cause analysis experience
I have experience with a wide variety of items including consumer products, machinery, industrial equipment, medical devices, electronics, plumbing, and hardware. Also, I help manufacturing companies determine the root cause of manufacturing quality problems and defects.
My experience includes
- Ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, coatings, adhesives, and electronic materials.
- Consumer products, hardware, plumbing, industrial equipment, machinery, electronics, medical devices, tanks, just to name a few.
- Fractures, overload, fatigue, wear, and corrosion.
There are many service companies that offer failure analysis and forensic engineering services. What distinguishes me are my metallurgical and materials engineering expertise combined with vast experience working on every aspect of product development and manufacturing. With this broad experience I bring multiple perspectives to help clients quickly get the information they need.
I am available to conduct a failure analysis investigation worldwide for a variety of matters, including:
- Product failure
- Poor manufacturing quality
- Consumer product liability
Insurance and legal expertise
I’ve worked with hundreds of insurers and attorneys on projects for plaintiffs, defense, subrogators, and subrogatees. My reputation is for “telling it like it is”, so you can count on getting the support and advice needed to make well-informed decisions.
To learn more about my expertise and experience, read here