We help clients with failure analysis for
- Product failures during testing and use
- Supplier quality problems
- Manufacturing quality problems
Our industry experience includes automotive, aerospace, hardware, tools, medical and dental devices, plumbing, industrial equipment, machinery, electronics, and many more.
Our materials experience includes ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, coatings, and electronic materials.
Clients include manufacturers, insurance companies, and lawyers.
More than just failure analysis
We won’t just give you a metallurgical analysis report and leave it to you to figure out how to use the information to fix the problem. We use the information obtained from the failure analysis to help clients understand how the failure or problem occurred, its root cause, and how to prevent it from reoccurring.
Typical failure analysis process
- Review the problem with you and collect background information. No charge for this.
- Determine the metallurgical analyses required.
- Provide a quote for the project.
- Perform the analyses.
- Review the findings with you on the phone or via an online meeting, discuss possible root causes of the failure or problem, and help you identify corrective actions.
- Provide a written report, if desired.
Experience and background
For over 25 years we’ve been providing metals engineering expertise for failure analysis and forensic investigations. We’ve worked on hundreds of failure analysis projects, and “tell it like it is”, so you can count on getting the support and advice needed to make well-informed decisions.
What distinguishes us from other companies is metals engineering expertise combined with lots of experience working on every aspect of product development and manufacturing. With this broad experience we bring multiple perspectives to help clients quickly get the information they need to solve problems.
To learn more about my expertise and experience, read here