Do you get involved with metal failure analysis and get stuck at the metallurgical evaluation part of the process? If your answer is yes, this course is for you. This course will teach you how to perform a metal failure analysis.
The concepts you’ll learn are applicable to failures that involve cracked, fractured, or corroded components and joints. The concepts are also applicable for determining the root cause of manufacturing quality problems.
What you will learn about metal failure analysis
The following aspects of metal failure analysis are taught:
- The common failure analysis techniques used to analyze metals and the data obtained from the analyses.
- How to determine failure mode and mechanism.
- How to select, collect, handle, and prepare samples for failure analysis.
- The background information required to determine failure mechanism and root cause.
- The common techniques used for failure analysis and the data obtained.
- How to determine fracture mode based on the appearance of a fracture surface.
- How to perform a failure analysis on fracture, corrosion, and manufacturing failures.
10 case studies are used to give learners experience applying the knowledge taught in the course to solve real-life failures.
The course takes about 6 hours to complete and consists of 8 modules and a final exam. Also, quizzes and problems give you opportunities to apply the concepts taught.
The module titles are:
- Module 1: Failure and Root Cause Analysis
- Module 2: Failure Analysis Process
- Module 3: Analysis Techniques
- Module 4: Fracture Failure Analysis
- Module 5: Fracture Case Studies
- Module 6: Corrosion Failure Analysis
- Module 7: Corrosion Case Studies
- Module 8: Manufacturing Failure Analysis Steps and Case Studies
We offer group discounts and discounted all-access passes.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate for 5 credit hours (0.5 CEU’s).