We bring a perspective to engineering projects that is based on the concept that engineering and optimizing the materials used in a product can have a significant impact on the product’s success. In fact, in some cases, engineering the materials enabled improvements that were never considered or were not thought to be possible. This materials engineering perspective is based on three principles:
- The performance, reliability and cost of a product depend upon the properties of the materials that make up the product.
- Proper materials selection is essential to satisfy product performance, reliability and cost requirements.
- Control of materials properties variations is essential for enabling consistent manufacturing of products that meet performance, reliability and cost requirements.
Engineering Project Areas
Our projects cover the following topics and issues:
- Product development (materials selection, reliability testing)
- Manufacturing process development
- Cost reduction
- Quality improvement
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Failure analysis and root cause analysis
Our clients typically use metals, coatings, adhesives or plastics in their products, and work in a variety of industries, including (but not limited to) automotive, aerospace, appliance, toy, medical device, home safety, electronics, telecommunications, and electrical power.
Our services are delivered on-site, or remotely via phone, email, Skype, and other appropriate web conferencing tools. We use all meeting and communication methods necessary to meet our clients’ technical, deadline, and budget needs.
We understand that every company has unique issues, and there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to solving problems and making improvements. We encourage you to call to discuss your project and see how we can help. You can phone us 847.528.3467847.528.3467 or send a message via our Contact Us page.